Friday, April 23, 2010

BEHAVIOR

TIME MAGAZINE 7 NOVEMBER 1988

SUMMARY:
The wives and children of elected officials are fighting the pressure to be perfect and learning a tough lesson. They try to balance between private needs and public expectations. Many don't know how to reach a balance. Some Psychologist argue that have received help may be better able to serve the public, but even family counseling may be seen as a sign of weakness.

RELATES TO CLASS:
This article is pertaining to behavior. The behavior perception of how people view elected officials and their families and how the public see them. If they seek help they could be looked upon as being weak.

Chapter 13 Theories of Personality
The Behaviorist and Social Cognitive View of Personality

1 comment:

  1. I could not imagine how much pressure these guys are under. People are always watching them everywhere they go. Anything they do wrong is blown up to make it sound disaterous, and the good usually goes unknown. These people are really in a loose loose situation. I situation I would not want to be in.

    ReplyDelete